Search Our Site
Previous Student Internship Projects
Many of our staffed projects have an internship component, and projects vary greatly by topic area and method. Below is a sampling of projects our interns have completed in recent years.
- CHA Residency Redesign Evaluation: organized and reviewed four years of resident interview data to develop individual case studies; participated in and transcribed phone and in person interviews.
- Baby University: conducted literature and organization reviews to uncovers various means to evaluate long term outcomes of parenting programs on children years after program completion; shared findings in partner meetings.
- Pathways to Success: developed a photovoice how-to guide, resource packet, and presentation tailored for Pathways’ immigrant families program; designed an Excel database for tracking attendance and goal accomplishment.
- AIDS Action Committee Coordinated Care Project: used SAS to assist in the analysis of services received and viral load of over 200 clients who participated in AIDS Action’s LEAP program.
- Natick Together for Youth: assisted with qualitative data analysis of youth and parent focus groups and key stakeholder interviews about perceptions of youth substance use in a metro-Boston town; developed components of a final report and presentation.
- Managing in a Public Health Research and Evaluation Non-Profit: organizing concepts and models of management and teamwork for a peer-reviewed article on the ICH style of management.
- Gardening through Refugee Organizations (GRO) Project Evaluation: conducting background research on stakeholder organizations; participating in evaluation discussions and preparation of products; transcribing and analyzing qualitative interviews.
- Healthy Children’s Task Force: assisting in a needs assessment to identify gaps in service provision and professional development in the area of children with trauma.
- HIV Programs Quality Management Project: assisting in the development of a series of monthly Quality Improvement presentations for HIV providers and clinic staff at Cambridge Health Alliance.
- Hospital Data Analysis: assisting with the review and revision of SAS coding as well as SAS analysis of hospital data around diabetes patient encounters and the use of interpreters, for manuscript submission to publication.
- Community Health Data Analysis: assisting with the production of a community health assessment report through SAS programming and quantitative data analysis of the 5 City Behavioral Risk Factor Survey, Youth Risk Behavior Survey and other universal data sets (e.g. U.S. Census, MassCHIP).
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program Evaluation: working on the evaluation’s community case study through conducting secondary data review, key informant interviews, and qualitative data analysis.
- Men’s Health League (MHL) Evaluation: learning to use a hospital-based electronic medical record system to access MHL navigator case notes and extract qualitative and quantitative data; managing the data; assisting with the creation of a project evaluation report.
- Preventing Against Violent Experiences (PAVE) Project: designing and developing online training courses for Cambridge Health Alliance health care providers about identifying and responding to victims of domestic violence in a healthcare setting and for the community to access information about domestic violence
Return to About Us: Jobs & Internships