Search Our Site
Vision, Mission & Values
The Institute for Community Health is a nationally recognized catalyst for sustainable community health improvement, uniting real world practice with academic research.
The Institute for Community Health utilizes participatory research and evaluation approaches to generate and disseminate knowledge about public health issues affecting communities. Core to ICH’s approach is the development of long-term partnerships, a commitment to co-learning and capacity building, and a deep appreciation for the diverse experiences, perspectives, values and resources that partners contribute to community health improvement.
The values of our organization are aligned with many of the principles that are foundational to community-based participatory research:
- Our work builds on the strengths and resources within the community;
- A belief in the power of collaborative and equitable partnerships in all phases of a research or evaluation project;
- A commitment to co-learning and capacity building for all partners;
- Valuing the diversity of experience, perspective and skill sets that partners contribute;
- Balance research and action for the mutual benefit of all partners;
- Shared generation of knowledge can lead to community health improvement.
Return to ICH: About Us