Search Our Site
ICH’s Approach to Quantitative Methods
ICH’s approach is firmly rooted in navigating the scientific method collaboratively with our partners. We strive to build knowledge and capacity along the way so there is true ownership and understanding of the data, the quantitative methods used, and the story being told by the results that are generated. ICH’s quantitative expertise includes:
- Study design & methodology
- Survey & instrument development
- Database design, implementation, and data management
- Querying & compiling existing data – US Census, MA DPH, CDC, YRBS, BRFS, etc.
- GIS mapping
- Presentation & dissemination –for lay audiences and academic venues
- Technical assistance – epidemiologic and statistical methods, grant writing, dissemination
- Training - including using data, data management, hospital and public access datasets, statistical methods, presenting data, basics of epidemiology, etc.
- Adapting & apply scientific rigor to smaller sample sizes and lower-resource projects
Quantitative methods are used in the majority of ICH work. The following are highlights which demonstrate the depth and range of ICH’s expertise:
- Conducted secondary analysis for an NIH-funded project examining the policy impact of behavioral health screening on healthcare utilization among pediatric patients at Cambridge Health Alliance
- Compiled population-level data and provided technical assistance on presentation and interpretation for the ‘Well Being of Somerville Report 2011’ at Cambridge Health Alliance, a 100+ page community health assessment that now serves as a public health and policy planning resource forSomerville,MA
- Assisted the AIDS Action Committee in analyzing and reporting on program evaluation data for their federal funding agent
Please click here for a downloadable one-pager describing ICH’s approach to and work in quantitative methods.
Return to ICH Products & Services Main Page