Search Our Site
To contribute to the development of the public health workforce while supporting the needs of our community partners and projects, the ICH Education Program offers practice-based research and evaluation experiences to students and public health professionals. ICH forges partnerships among academic institutions and community partners to organize and promote these opportunities.
ICH’s Approach to Education
ICH offers internship opportunities to individuals interested in pursuing or developing public health careers. These internships are offered three times a year and provide those involved with:
- Structured, hands-on experience in a multidisciplinary, team-based setting
- Public health core competencies
- Community research values of sustaining partnerships, safe-guarding privacy, respecting diverse populations, and timely dissemination of findings to community partners
The ICH Education Program incorporates individuals into ICH project teams working on content areas such as program evaluation, health services research, public health infrastructure, community health assessments, and more. Our staff work with approximately 25 interns per year, including students from Tufts University, Boston University, Harvard University, and individuals in workforce programs like the Cambridge Mayor Summer Youth Enrichment Program.
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program Evaluation
- Local Public Health Activities, Capacities, and Technical Skills (PHACTS) study
- Cambridge Housing Authority, Development of a Smoke-Free Public Housing Policy
- Analysis of hospital data to inform quality improvement efforts of a clinical HIV program
- Secondary data analysis of data from Project HOPE, a pilot project designed to build the capacity of the DYS to provide structured nutrition and physical education to students
- Qualitative interviews with local public health directors involved in restructuring the service delivery model
Please click here for a downloadable one-pager describing ICH’s approach to and work in education.
Return to ICH Services Main Page