References in order in which they appear:
- BLM Boston Twitter Feed – @BLM_Boston
- “Activists are commemorating Black August. Here’s the history behind the month-long celebration.” Harmeet Kaur. CNN. August 4, 2020. https://www.cnn.com/
2020/08/03/us/what-is-black- august-explainer-trnd/index. html
- Civil Rights Movement — Images of a People’s Movement: https://www.crmvet.org/images/
imgslave.htm (photo of Stokely Carmichael)
- “Celebrating the LIfe and Legacy of Dr. Angela Davis – Freed by the people.” MIss Rosen. The Huck. December 18, 2019.
- Photo of Angela Davis: https://www.huckmag.com/
perspectives/activism-2/ celebrating-the-life-and- legacy-of-dr-angela-davis
- Photos of Assata, Assata Shakur Speaks! http://www.
- “King memorial nearly ready for Boston Common as backer begins second effort to honor civil rights leader.” Jon Chesto. The Boston Globe. June 10, 2020. https://www.bostonglobe.
com/2020/06/10/business/king- memorial-nearly-ready-boston- common-backer-begins-second- effort-honor-civil-rights- leader/
- The image of Malcolm X’s house (screenshot from Google Maps): https://www.google.com/
email@example.com,-71.0862623, 3a,75y,242.12h,95.99t/data=! 3m6!1e1!3m4! 1szcDtV8GlEDLNz29Y5fQHXw!2e0! 7i16384!8i8192
- “Black Lives Matter May Be the Largest Movement in U.S. History.” Larry Buchanan, Quoctrung Bui and Jugal K. Patel. The New York Times. July 3, 2020. https://www.nytimes.com/
interactive/2020/07/03/us/ george-floyd-protests-crowd- size.html? searchResultPosition=25
- How to Be an Antiracist. Ibram X. Kendi. 2019.
- Are Prisons Obsolete? Angela Davis. April 2003